Monday, February 27, 2012

Ooh la la..Krispy Kreme


It was one of those days, when I didn’t have to cook, and could enjoy an instant meal at the food court below my office. Mind you, this was the wrong food court to be. The food price could almost touch the gold rates, although this term is a lil stretched, but then I decided to explore a bit….

I was looking for something nutritious and a filling lunch…and as my eyes scanned the entire food section of so called ‘low carb’, low fat’, ‘non-greasy’ and boring menu, I stumble into this small cute box of Krispy Kreme doughnuts near the billing section…..

The placement of that box, in marketing terms was the USP. Everyone who comes in to the pay section would not miss the warm, gooey, cute little donuts. Oh, and how I fell for them shamelessly! Guess my chemical sensing system was at its highest peak that day, or working overtime! I just could not resist the signals that my nerve cells around my nose and mouth were sending to the brain. How do I explain those delicate, deep fried, sugar glazed, warm circles of flour, butter and sweetness??? The petite Philipino sales girl smiled devilishly, as she knew that I required no coaxing here. There were 3 of them, and I bought them all….

Now I could go back to my work cabin, and devour these sugary treats in less than a minute….but then I wanted to just remember every single biteand decided to opt for the benches beside a beautiful view of some of the best architectural creations. The weather was at its best with a pleasant wind, and a warm sunny light. And I opened the box, and snared at the Florian coffee shop sales guy who was at his break, with a cigar….I was not ready to take in some smoke along with this savory goodness….He either got the signal, or he was due to be back at his table….he moved away.

I was alone, with the wind flowing and spoiling my hairdo (or whatever was left of it), and I took every single bite, not missing any ounce of flavor, the softness, the fresh smell of butter and flour, and shamelessly picking up the glazed bits that fell from the bites onto my lap ( I can be messy at times)….but then, It was nothing short of a food paradise…Being reminded that this was just a portion of the food paradise, I got up, walking back, promising to try more….:-)))

No comments: