Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Lang Syne

Flippin through my old photographs,
And a rewind of my memory,
Brings back a whole lot of mixed expressions
It’s yesterday once more

Some are worth remembering,
Bringing one of my best smiles, running up till my ears
Some which can never be ripped apart,
But which will always dampen the cheek

I look back once again
All my memories
Coming back clearly to me,
like a toddler to its mother.

I recall the pain, the frowns, and mockery
the confusion and threats
And I let the same old tears burn my cheeks once again
as they melt the years away

The laughter that brought a smile to the forlorn,
The words that brought confidence in my friends,
The achievements that brought pride to my parents,
And the learning that got me here

All this brings a silent prayer of gratitude
After all...............
tis' this yesterday
that hath' moulded me into the woman that I am

1 comment:

Akkayi said...

be proud of what u r and dont loose those things which moulded your idendity. good poem