Thursday, April 11, 2013

The Little bundle from above


God sent me a little bundle…
He said it was a special gift….
crafted with a lot of attention and time

He said it was unique piece….
There wouldn’t be a duplicate…
But when looked at carefully,
It will have all things special about me and my mate..

But he said….
Now I leave that precious gift with you…
To nurture, to love and cherish…..

I carried this unopened gift in my belly
The longest 9 months of my life…
We couldn’t wait to open the gift….
And it teased us…
With little kicks and bumps…

The lil gift made me glow and feel beautiful…
It banished my pains and troubles….
It brought my family closer..
And made our lives beautiful…

And then the gift unfolded
Ten days earlier than expected..
Surprising and exciting us at the same time
The pain was excruciating….
But I knew it was the same for the lil one…
And we both cried as she showed herself to us……

She was beautiful
Just like I expected,
Just like I dreamt of
Just perfect as promised by the one above

Her dad beamed with pride as he held her close to his heart
Her grandparents couldn’t control their joy
And I yearned for my baby as I lay in bed
I was no more the teeny weeny girl…
I now got my biggest promotion ever- Motherhood….

No comments: