Friday, January 2, 2009

The search for the OASIS

When I was let out into the desert,
I was not all alone,
There were many like me, out for the first time,
Yet more confident than me.

Many of them, I knew, and many waited to be introduced,
We took the trail together….. the journey of life……
I was glad they were there through the rough times,
And enjoyin each other’s company when the winds were low,

We were there for each other, and the bond grew………….
However, time ran, and these friends ran with it

When they were able to predict the desert’s temper, they split
Some went with new comers, their loved ones
Some went away…. Silly fights
Some were there, yet they had to move on too……

All of us had to find the OASIS………………..
I could see it.. all green and fleshy and blue waters amidst the dryness
I ran towards my destination, crawled, moved inch by inch
However, every time I thought I had crossed the forever distance
It leaped to new distances, and it beckoned from far.

Am now all alone, and my feet are bare and bruised
My baked body has lost all its moisture, void of nutrition and love,
Am not sure if my friends have reached their destination
I know I still have not…. I have to……

The pain in my legs is excruciating, yet I pray to the almighty and move forward
Am alone, I need to survive, so I move inch by inch
Better late than never.
I cross the desert, now all alone, to find my OASIS.

One day I will…………………and I hope I meet all of them there….

8 comments:

survivingbrain said...

You will see no one riding with you if you have a hood that looks straight into the sun.

Look to the left and the right, you will see people holding you.
:D

A journey is most boring when you have a destination. You forget to see the good things you have on your way. All your focus is to the OASIS, or paradise, for which you are not sure of.

Forget the destination. Enjoy your journey. Make the best out of your LIFE.

There is more joy being alone, than with someone. TRUST ME at least in this, dumpo !!

Rejis said...

Your Blogs are really interesting than most others I happen to chance upon. I'm too young to write with the tenor you ve written oasis, the way you've chosen to put it, I can for my part with some tone and colour say, Life is like the chasm between the words we write, the true meaning lies not in the words as we believe but in the space between them.

Welshman said...

Hi,

Can u help me with english plays that happen in chennai, also your blog is really interesting.

:)

Welshman said...

Dear Shruthi,

Besides that Oasis was real coool!
I also like the way the blog has been presented and shaping up.How is Chennai treating you? i live in chennai too.

I am not the stranger you have written about, i am a new one:), i am not a stalker or a nutcase.I know you dont like strangers, but this is a harmless mallu.Hope i have not offended you in any way by writing a comment here.

Welshman said...

Hi Shruthi,

Hope u find what ur looking for...

Song from U2 for U.

I have climbed highest mountain
I have run through the fields
Only to be with you
Only to be with you

I have run
I have crawled
I have scaled these city walls
These city walls
Only to be with you

But I still havent found what Im looking for
But I still havent found what Im looking for

I have kissed honey lips
Felt the healing in her fingertips
It burned like fire
This burning desire

I have spoke with the tongue of angels
I have held the hand of a devil
It was warm in the night
I was cold as a stone

But I still havent found what Im looking for
But I still havent found what Im looking for

I believe in the kingdom come
Then all the colors will bleed into one
Bleed into one
Well yes Im still running

You broke the bonds and you
Loosed the chains
Carried the cross
Of my shame
Of my shame
You know I believed it

But I still havent found what Im looking for
But I still havent found what Im looking for
But I still havent found what Im looking for
But I still havent found what Im looking for...

Digitally Inspired said...

Reading betweeen lines....so much to feel from the murmuring of the winds... I feel the sun burns still.. ya the the desert everyone has go through...only lucky(or smart?) few escapes!! Wish the one you reach would be the best one ever..

Akkayi said...

its the hope to reach oasis which help us to go on... and don't expect to see all of them there.

Unknown said...

Looks like the RAM has found her Oasis and is lost in it...There hasnt been any posts for quite sometime.....