Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Yesterday

I feel it was just yesterday that I held you in my arms for the first time
Listening to those little coo coo sounds
Watching the tiny little face and feet and hands
still pale from the labor that both of us went through
My pain was no more as I fell in love completely
With this little angel that was sent with utmost perfection
Papa must have cried as he welcomed you into those strong hands
Promising to be your guard forever…

I feel it was just yesterday that you smiled at us
And turned towards us
Stretching those arms to hold everything around you..
Tiny movements that built up until you could sit..and move
Your grandparents could not control their emotions as they watched you grow
Into a sweet little angel..

I feel it was just yesterday that you asked for finger food
Ensuring it was from papas plate..
Wishing to be carried everywhere we went
Enjoying the winds, rains and trees…
We are lost in that innocent smile of yours
Let that remain with you forever dear…

No comments: