Thursday, July 8, 2010

FRIENDS II

‘I’ll be there for you’ of Rembrandts used to be the exact feeling that I had about friendship
In fact most of the people around us would agree

Parents said ‘keep a distance’- just to ensure that we don’t get hurt
But we reprimanded them for saying that
We were basking in the intimacy with our gang of friends
The best days spent together
The worst days of fighting over things
And the glory of getting back together again

School, Tutions, Hostel, College, Workplace, Neighbours, College bus, train, bus stop and where not
We had friends all the way…. girls, boys and kids, uncles and aunties………

Some of them were with you, through thick and thin
Some surprise friendships stayed; and we thought it won’t last
Some faded away with time,
And some still kept in touch, in spite of distance
Some left us- no explanations, pain or regret,

Will I tell my kids the same things?
Will I let them be ‘I’ll be there for you’ to their friends?

Well, I still have few for whom I still sing ‘I’ll be there for you’
Life has not been that hard….but….you never know……….

1 comment:

Akkayi said...

good to see something new in your blog... long live friendship