Thursday, July 26, 2007

My ‘TIME’

(a small change made to the quite acclaimed song of Pink Floyd to describe my current status)

Weekdays:
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
I fritter and waste the office hours in an off hand way
Kicking around on a piece of training material in the office
Waiting for someone or something to show me the way

Weekends:
Tired of lying in the bed and watching TV all the time
I am young and life is long and there is time to kill today
And then one day i realise ten years have got behind me
No one told me when to run, and I missed the starting gun

Dreams:
And I run and I run to catch up with the old days, but its sinking
And racing around to come up behind me again
The memories are the same in a relative way, but I’m older
Shorter of breath and one moment closer to the end of the dream

Life:
Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time
Plans that either come to halt or half a page of scribbled blogs
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the only way
The time is gone, my song is over, thought Id something more to say

The best part of all:
Home, home again
I like to be at home when I can
And when I come home, after the long travel
Its good to relax my bones beside my mom’s arms
Far away across the streets
The tolling of the church bell
Calls the faithful to their knees
To hear the softly spoken magic spells.

No comments: